Washington State Division of Child Support (DCS) offers a Prepaid Debit Card as an alternative to direct deposit for receiving child support payments conveniently. You do not need to have a bank account to get the Washington State DCS Prepaid Debit Card.
You can select this method of receiving your payments by going to www.dshs.wa.gov/dcs/ and selecting
"sign up for direct deposit or DCS Card" under Parent options
Contact your Support Enforcement Officer or DCS EFT Customer Service at 1.800.468.7422 and ask to be enrolled in the card program - no application necessary.
- The prepaid debit card gives you access to your child support payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- No more check-cashing fees - in most cases, you won't pay a fee for using your card (See fee schedule).
- Use your card to make purchases everywhere Visa Debit is accepted - stores, online, or over the phone.
- Get access to cash at point of sale* terminals, ATMs, and at Visa banks and
- Use your card to pay bills - in person or online.
- For any questions regarding your child support payment amounts and dates of additions to your Account, please contact Washington State DCS at 1.800.468.7422.
- For questions about your prepaid debit card, you can review Frequently Asked Questions by selecting the FAQs link , or use the Contact Us link for specific questions. You can also contact us by phone at 1.855.252.8779 (voice), or TTY 1.866.656.5913. Outside the U.S., call collect at 423.262.1650
* Point of sale: a retail merchant that accepts debit cards.