In addition to direct deposit, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) offers the Massachusetts DUA Debit MasterCard® for convenient receipt of unemployment insurance benefit payments. You do not need to have a bank account to use the Massachusetts DUA Debit Card.
- The Massachusetts DUA Debit Card gives you access to your unemployment insurance (UI) benefit payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- No more rushing to the bank to cash or deposit your UI benefit check.
- No more check-cashing fees. In most cases, you won't pay a fee to use your card (See fee schedule).
- Use your card to make purchases everywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted - stores, online, or over the phone.
- Get access to cash at point of sale* terminals, ATMs, and at MasterCard affiliated banks and credit unions.
- Use your card to pay bills - in person or online.
- For questions regarding your UI benefit payment amounts and dates of disbursement to your account, please contact the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA) in one of the following ways:
- access your UI account at www.mass.gov/uionline
- call the DUA TeleClaim Center at 877-626-6800 from area codes 351, 413, 508, 774, and 978 or 617-626-6800 from all other area codes.
- For questions about your card, you can review Frequently Asked Questions by selecting the FAQs link, or use the Contact Us link for specific questions. You can also contact us by phone at 1.855.898.7292 (voice), or TTY 1.866.656.5913. Outside the U.S., call collect at 423.262.1650.
* Point of sale: a retail merchant that accepts debit cards.
Your prepaid debit card is issued by Bank of America pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trade mark of MasterCard Incorporated.