Bank of America will no longer be offering the Daily Available Balance alert. If you have signed up to receive this alert, the messages will discontinue on April 29th, 2015.
The Employment Development Department (EDD) Debit card is a safer, more convenient way to receive your Unemployment, Disability and Paid Family Leave benefits.
- Get instant access to your benefits on each payment date
- Shop and pay bills everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Get cash back with purchase at many grocery and convenience stores
- Access cash at ATMs and at any bank or credit union that accepts Visa
- Transfer funds to your personal deposit account
If you have questions regarding your claim certification process or benefits payment amount, please go to www.edd.ca.gov for assistance.
Stay Informed with Alerts
Get email or text alerts:
- When a deposit is made to your card
- When your balance is low
- Each day with your starting balance
To sign up for alerts:
- Log in and select Alert Options under the Profile menu
- Select the alerts you would like to receive and click save
- Select Alert Settings under the Profile menu and enter your contact details. Be sure to complete the verification steps for your text message device number.
Stopping criminals Sometimes criminals will try to trick individuals into disclosing personal information in a text, email or on a phone call. Phony emails may direct you to a fraudulent website that looks like a Bank of America website. These phony emails may even ask you to call a phone number and provide account information. Please remember that:
- Bank of America will never ask you in an email or text to disclose any personal information, such as your Social Security Number, PIN (Personal Identification Number) or Prepaid Card Number
- Offers that sound too good to be true often are. You may be asked to fill out a short survey in exchange for money being credited to your account at the account number you provide. Bank of America will never request your information in this way
- Claims that your account may be closed if you fail to confirm, verify or authenticate personal information are not from Bank of America
If you receive a suspicious email or are directed to a website that also looks like Bank of America, report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and then delete the suspicious email.
Accessing your money is completely fee free when you:
- Make purchases and pay bills anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted - in stores, online and by phone
- Use Bank of America ATMs anywhere in the country for cash access
- Get cash back with a purchase at a store or from a teller in any bank or credit union that accepts Visa
Lost or Stolen Card?
If you suspect your card is lost or stolen, please call immediately.
- TTY 1.866.656.5913
- Outside of the U.S. (collect): 423.262.1650
ATM Safety Tips
- Be aware of your surroundings at ATMs
- Never give your PIN to anyone
- Be discrete when entering your PIN at the keypad
- If you must use an ATM at night, consider taking someone with you
- Call 911 if you need emergency assistance
Download the ATM Safety Tips pdf.
EDD is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Requests for services, aids, and/or alternate formats need to be made by calling 1.866.692.9374 (voice), or TTY 1.866.656.5913.