The Georgia Department of Revenue offers individual income tax refunds in the form of prepaid debit cards.
- Debit cards are a more flexible alternative to paper check refunds.
- You can select the debit card option when you file your individual income tax return.
The State of Georgia, through Bank of America, will provide you with a Visa-branded debit card.
- The balance on the card will be the amount of your income tax refund.
- The card is valid for twelve months from the date of issue.
- The debit card gives you access to your refund 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- No more check-cashing fees – in most cases, you won’t pay a fee for using your card (See fee schedule).
- Use your card to make purchases everywhere Visa Debit is accepted – stores, online, or over the phone.
- Get access to cash at ATMs, point of sale* terminals, and at Visa banks.
- Use your card to pay bills – in person or online.
- If you have questions regarding the amount of your refund, visit the Georgia Department of Revenue’s Website at https://etax.dor.ga.gov
- For questions about your prepaid debit card, you can review Frequently Asked Questions by selecting the FAQs link on this page, or use the Contact Us link for specific questions. You can also contact us by phone at 1.877.886.3219 (voice), or TTY 1.866.656.5913. Outside the U.S., call collect at 423.262.1650.