Bank of America
Maryland Unemployment Benefits Debit Card.
Unemployment Insurance for the State of Maryland will be closed on Monday, October 12, 2015. Payments will be delayed by one day.
Program Update: Because the State of Maryland issues all unemployment insurance payments with the Maryland Unemployment Benefits Prepaid Debit Card, you may not be able to close your account. Maryland requires accounts to remain open in order to allow you to receive payments if you continue to qualify for them. Your Deposit Agreement, which can be viewed below via the Terms & Conditions link, has been updated accordingly.
The Maryland Unemployment Benefits Debit Card is the method for receiving Maryland unemployment insurance payments. You do not need to have a bank account to get and use the Maryland Unemployment Benefits Debit Card.
- The prepaid debit card gives you access to your unemployment insurance benefit payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Use your card to make purchases in stores, online, or over the phone.
- Get access to cash at point of sale* terminals, ATMs, and at participating banks and credit unions.
- Use your card to pay bills - in person or online.
- For questions about your debit card, you can review Frequently Asked Questions by selecting the FAQs link, or use the Contact Us link for specific questions. You can also contact us by phone at 1.855.847.2029 (voice), or TTY 1.866.656.5913. Outside the U.S., call collect at 423.262.1650
- For questions concerning unemployment insurance eligibility, please contact DLLR online at www.mdunemployment.com or by calling:
- 410-949-0022 From Baltimore Area and Out-of-State
- 1-800-827-4839 Toll Free Outside Baltimore (but within Maryland)
- For The Hearing Impaired: Contact Maryland Relay
* Point of sale: a retail merchant that accepts debit cards.