New card design for the Palmetto State
Welcome to the
SC Department of Revenue
Income Tax Refund Prepaid Debit Card site
The South Carolina Department of Revenue, in collaboration with Bank of America and Visa®, is pleased to welcome you to the online portal for the South Carolina Department of Revenue Income Tax Refund Prepaid Debit Card (prepaid debit card). From this portal, you can perform many functions including, activating your card, viewing your transactions, obtaining card balance information, and transferring money.
Cards with the previous design are valid until card expiration date.
Quick facts about your prepaid debit card:
- You can use your card to make purchases anywhere that Visa debit cards are accepted; restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, gas stations, hotels, airlines, online purchases, etc.
- You have free cash access at Bank of America ATM locations in the US.
- You can pay your bills using your prepaid debit card.
- Your card expires twelve months from the date of issuance.
- Your card is safer and more secure, offering “Zero Liability Protection” for cardholders (see your Cardholder Agreement for further information about fraudulent transactions)
If you have any questions about your prepaid debit card, you can review Frequently Asked Questions by selecting the FAQs link on this page, or use the Contact Us link for specific questions. You can also contact us by phone at 1.866.472.4959 (voice), or TTY 1.866.656.5913. Outside the U.S., call collect at 423.262.1650. For information on Bank of America’s other services visit http://www.bankofamerica.com.
To check the status of your current year’s refund visit the South Carolina Department of Revenue’s Income Tax Refund Status page: https://www3.sctax.org/refundstatus/refund.aspx. For other questions regarding the SC Department of Revenue, visit the SC Department of Revenue’s website at dor.sc.gov or by phone at 803.898.5000.